Friday 1 November 2013

October Review

In Life

Well this has been a pretty big month in terms of life changes, we finally moved into our very first house! You can read a bit about our house hunting experience here. I'm going to be talking lots more about it soon I am sure. I'm currently a bit addicted to Pinterest, getting inspiration for decoration and finding DIY's!

What We Watched

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs - Cute film, the monkey was my favourite!
Hansel and Gretel - Terrible film, need I say more?
Carrie (the original) - We watched this to get us in the mood for halloween. I read the book a little while back so I remembered most of what would happen. Undoubtedly it is a weird book/film, but I thought Sissy Spacek did a great job playing Carrie, and I wasn't expecting to see John Travolta!


We finally watched the last episode of Breaking Bad, which I thought was done really well! It's nice to see a TV show that ties up all the loose ends!  Walking dead is back, hurrah! Although I kind of forgot how scary this can  be! I've also been enjoying Once Upon A Time. Oh, and we've also been watching The Wrong Mans, which I think is great!

What I Read

This month I decided to take the plunge into teen literature.
The Hunger Games - I really thought this was a fantastic book. I have seen the film but I definitely appreciate it more now that I have read the book.
Catching Fire - This was fantastic too, although I felt that the ending was a little bit hurried. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the final book which I am reading at the moment.
Twilight - I was keen to find out what all the fuss was about this book. I found that it was an easy read but not a huge amount seemed to be happening. Evidently all the action had been left until the very end of the book. I'll crack on with the second one soon and see what I think of that.

My Favourite Posts

1 comments:

  1. i remember watching the original Carrie, it was so scary! I watched Hansel and Gretel on Netflix just because I could haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena