Hi, welcome to my blog! My name is Laura.
I'm on a mission to make my life a little bit more exciting, I thought that by starting a blog I would be forced to really get out there and find some fun things to do that don't include watching the telly! It has definitely worked so far! Below is a list of things that you need to know about me!
- I like making things! - I'm pretty much interested in all kinds of crafts. Knitting, origami, embroidery, card making, scrapbooking, painting junky furniture to make something new and beautiful, i've done them all! Plus many more I would like to try my hand at but haven't quite gotten around to yet. Although it breaks my heart to admit it, in the craft world I consider myself to be a jack of all trades and master of none. I tend to get bored of instructions very quickly and end up finding my own way of doing things. Needless to say this blog will probably contain a fair amount of my own DIY's as well as featuring some other talented crafters.
- I love anything vintage and have a passion for history. - I'm talking books, furniture, jewellery, clothes, houses ... even people! I'm really interested in anything old, so you an often find me looking for treasures in charity shops, car boot sales and at the dump! The saying really is true 'One man's trash is another Laura's treasure'. (Or something like that). You can expect to see lots of posts about my recent finds, I tend to get rather over excited!
- My boyfriend and I are looking to buy a T25 VW Campervan! - We haven't got out much in recent years as we have been saving up for a house. But I always loved going caravaning as a child, and am yearning to get back to nature! When I finally find the right one I'm going to kit it out with a vintage style interior and give it a cute paint job. No doubt you will be hearing a lot about the hunt for the perfect van, and once we have found it, all of our wonderful adventures! - Since I wrote that, we bought one! Hurrah! Fid out all about him here.
- I'm new to this! This is my first proper blog and I am really going to be winging it! I have been really inspired by 2 bloggers in particular Kaylah and Elycia. I'm totally in love with their style and they have given me interests i never knew I had! Apparently I now love mushrooms and cats!
- I am a (very) amateur photographer. - I've always been interested in photographs so now is the time to hone my skills with a camera. I recently bough a canon 1100D and am occasionally surprising myself with the results.
- Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, I really like using exclamation marks! For some reason I just can't help it!
So that about sums me up. If you enjoy any of the things above then hopefully you will enjoy my blog! I'd love to know what you think.