Tuesday 7 May 2013

Top Pick of DIY Necklaces

DIY SHRINK PLASTIC NECKLACE
I don't know about you but I have been seeing some awesome DIY necklace tutorials recently. Today I have picked some of my favourites to share with you. I love how these are all really statement pieces and they are all so different from one another! So grab your shrink plastic, clay, rhinestones, paint chips, penne pasta or safety pins, and lets get making our own jewellery!

I found the tutorial above on Buzzfeed. Its an awesome way of making your own initial pendant using shrink plastic. 

This tutorial is from Stars for Streetlights. I love the way Stacie has made her own beads using clay, and they look like banana chips! I would love to try a turquoise and pink version of this!
clay diy necklace
This lovely rhinestone necklace looks like something you would buy from an expensive shop, but no! It was made by Anna from Plan B. I think it looks stunning.
diy rhinestone necklace
I would never have guessed that this necklace was made from paint chips! Check out how it was done at Sincerely Kinsey .
diy paint chip necklace
This may be the weirdest one yet, it is made from penne pasta! I love it! I am definitely going to try this one as it looks so easy and almost free to make. You can find out how it was made at By Wilma.
diy penne pasta necklace
Stylecaster shows you how to make this awesome tribal necklace out of safety pins! I remember making a bracelet like this when I was younger, but this one is pretty spectacular. diy safety pin necklace
I hope you have enjoyed my little selection of DIY necklaces today. I will definitely be trying some of these out for myself! Have you got any tips to share on making your own jewelry?

Laura xXx

6 comments:

  1. The initial pendant neckalce and the one made of pasta are amazing!

    Maria x

    craftyowl93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name necklace and the rhinestone one. I also wanted to stop by and tell you that I nominated you for the Liebster award. You deserve it. Make sure to swing by and see what it's all about!
    http://colorpaintcreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, thanks so much for nominating me! I will send you a little email to let you know what i am going to do. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! The Penne pasta necklace is awesome! Really thinking to make my own! Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paint chip necklace seems like a great idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this last DIY with pins and beads. That's pretty cool. Love your blog.... just stumbled upon it. Following because I likey!
    xo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena