Sunday 5 May 2013

Before and After - DIY Colourful Vase


Today I have a fun and simple DIY for you. We are going to turn an ordinary glass jar into a pretty colourful vase! All you need are the following:
  • A glass jar
  • Plasti-Kote Paint (The colour I have used is Aqua Satin)
  • Washi Tape
  • Newspaper for protecting your surface
I used an old Roses glass jar. It used to be full of the Roses the sweets, now it is going to be full of the flower instead! You can use whatever you can find. If you haven't got anything bigger why not use a jam jar and use it to hold smaller cuttings of flowers. Here is how it looked before;
First up, you need to clean your jar. Next, protect the area you are going to be using to spray the jar by covering it in newpaper, and make sure the area is well ventilated. Spray the paint onto the jar using the instructions on the can. 
Mine took 3 coats in total. Leave it to dry. I love how the raised pattern of the rose came out on the side of the jar. I decided to add a bit more decoration to the vase by using washi tape to cover the top area where the lid would screw on. The great thing about this is that I can swap it for a different pattern whenever I like!
What do you think? I think its great when you can make something pretty out of something you just had lying around. Also, I am quite obsessed with this colour at the moment! Chris bought these lovely flowers for me by the way, he is a good boy isn't he!
Laura xXx

4 comments:

  1. The rose pattern looks great and I really like the colour you chose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the rose is raised up :) I've done the same before to glass milk bottles. Cheaper and more interesting than buying a vase; and you can pick the perfect colour to paint it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project! The rose looks really cute and I think you used the perfect washi.

    -Jenn V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project is awesome! I'll have to try it.

    Kirsty
    http://porcelainagaric.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena