Thursday 9 May 2013

A day/few days in the life

succulent haworthia
Did you all have fun bank holiday weekends? I have been abandoned by Chris as he has gone sailing with his dad to Vasiliki. Boohoo! I have been making up for not being in a foreign country by doing 4 very exciting things.  

1. I went on a girls night out with my 3 best pals, where I had 3 cocktails! 
2. I went to a dance show featuring Chris's very talented sister. 
3. I went Bridesmaid dress shopping with my 3 best pals and Chris' sister (my new 4th best pal). 
4. Chris's mum and I went for a little outing on a hunt for the very elusive 'succulent'.  I have been trying to find one of these for ages, but I think that the new trend has caused them to sell out at every shop I have been to! On this occasion however,  I finally found one, hurrah! And I am now a very proud plant parent.
succulent plant
I think I shall name him Spike. He looks like a Spike don't you think? There may be more than one of him in this pot but I shall cross that bridge when I come to re-potting it. I may have to think up some more names then! Spike is of the Haworthia variety of succulents. I believe he could be a  H. margaritifera but I am not sure. Anyone know?

I shall dutifully water him in the summer months (but not too much!), and let him sit in a sunny spot (but not in direct sunlight)! I am sure we will become great friends!
succulent care
I also bought some other bits and bobs on my travels. A cute little spray bottle to water him with and some air drying clay to try my hand at a new craft.
clay
I made something with my new clay. Can you guess what it is? A fish, a worm, a stick, a bullet? No, you are wrong. It's not actually finished in this picture so I agree it would be hard for you to guess. Maybe I shall tell you some other time.
ice lolly
I ate an ice lolly as is obligatory on sunny days like this.
sun glasses
I tried out my new (and first ever pair of) prescription sunglasses!
double denim
...And decided it was really too hot to be wearing double denim. Phew!

Also, if you are a fan of Succulents, you really must check out all of OhNoRachio's succulent posts which have been making me very jealous. I am totally loving both the planters and the succulents in this post. As well as the fact that there may soon be OhNoRachio planter kits! I will definitely be getting my hands on one of those! 

Laura xXx

1 comments:

  1. He does look like a Spike. And your prescription sunglasses look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena