Monday 8 December 2014

Wedding Photos - Alpaca's, Ice Cream and Dancing the Night Away!

wedding alpaca vw camper van
It's finally time for my last wedding photographs post! :(

This time we are leaving off from the meal and speeches, after which we took our portrait photos with the photographer.  We decided this would be a good time to do it because people wouldn't have to wait around for us and could continue the party!

As I may have mentioned earlier, the field our marquee was in was next to an Alpaca farm! My Mum had spoken to the owners and they kindly brought one of the Alpacas over to see us, which was rather a surprise for me! And the other guests who were mostly still in the marquee!
wedding portrait alpacawedding portrait in a field
portrait with alpacas
The Alpaca's were very interested in us when we approached their field, I think they were wondering what on earth was going on!
Just as we finished our photos,  'Fat Sam's' ice cream van arrived! And I managed to spill some on my dress, whoops!
We had decided in advance that we wanted to have an 'open mic' session before the band in the evening started playing.  We have so many talented friends and family, and it was amazing to watch them all perform!
Then it was time to cut the cake! I'd bought and made up the cake boxes, which were 'Mendl's' from the film 'The Grand Budapest Hotel'.
cutting the wedding cake
Next it was time for the first dance.  We had the boys play 'You Make My Dreams' by Hall and Oats. They played the first verse slowly and then sped it up so that everyone could join in! We didn't want to do a slow dance for a full 3 minutes! And it turned out to be a great choice.
wedding first dance
wedding first dance
Our wedding day was also my Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary! So I had asked the band to play 'their song' which is 'When Will I See You Again' by the Three Degrees. They did a fantastic job!
After that we pretty much just partied the night away!
Once most of the guests had left, those that were camping over the night had a bit of an acoustic sing along in one of the tea tents, sat on bales of hay.  By this point I had traded my wedding dress for a ski jacket (it was cold!), and this was actually one of my favourite parts of the night. All of us picking songs to play, and trying to drunkenly work out the words!

The next day the sun came out for us!  The boys played football, we ate food from the BBQ and had lots of tea and juice! This was another of my favourite parts, as we actually got to chat to everyone properly, and it was so relaxing compared to the day before, which was wonderful, but slightly hectic!

Now we are preparing for the next family wedding on the 27th of December, which is for Chris's sister. Not long to go now!


Laura xXx

All photos were taken by our wonderful photographers Peach and Jo Photography!

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed following your wedding photo posts, love the alpaca pictures, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical end to your day- it sounds and looks absolutely perfect (even with the ice-cream incident)! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena