Monday, 13 January 2014

Revlon Chalkboard Nail Art Review

revlon chalkboard nail art
For Christmas one of my friends bought me Revlon's duel ended Chalkboard Nail art set. As it is a bit of a novelty varnish, I thought I would give it a go and do a little review for you while I am at it!
matte black nail effect
So here is how my nails looked once I had painted 2 coats of the matt black. Let me tell you, this stuff dries super fast! It was great!  Next I had to come up with a design to paint on them with the chalk paint. 

It has a skinny brush so that you can do intricate designs. Although, I don't know anyone that would be able to draw something freehand neatly on their nails, especially when using their non dominant hand! 

I decided to get out my trusty nail stickers to make the design as neat as possible. I opted for a  lightning bolt effect using these stickers (number 7).


Revlon chalkboard nail art
So here is the finished effect! What do you think? Probably not as neat as I would have liked.  In fact, I quite like the black on it's own. I'd like to try out using just the matte black together with a shiny black, like in this post. Although I think you would need to use a matte top coat if you wanted these to last for more than a day, as it does seem to chip quite easily. So I'm  not quite sure how you would get a top coat to work with that design!

The other thing I noticed about this dual varnish, was that there were a few times I started opening it upside down by accident,  I could see it making a bit of a mess if you aren't careful! Also, the skinny shape of the bottles makes them a little wobbly when you set them down, so definitely one to have an old magazine or something under just in case!

What is your take on chalkboard nails?

Laura xXx

3 comments:

  1. Thought about buying this but wasn't too sure how it would turn out so it's great to read a review. I have one of the neon duel ended polished and I totally hear you about the difficulty with setting it down. I do like the look of the black on it's own so might just give it a try. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great. This is a very good post. I like his post very much. This helped me in completing my project. Thanks!

    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena