Monday 30 September 2013

September Review

In Life

At the beginning of this month Chris and I celebrated 6 years of being together, and 1 year of being engaged! Chris had a gig with the wonderful Emma Stevens, which I was able to go along to. The festival was called Weyfest, and for some reason there were Daleks and other Dr Who related things there! Emma dedicated the song 'Once' to Chris and I which was ever so sweet, and prompted a shout from the audience of 'When are you having babies!?' to Chris, which he seemed to pretty much ignore. After Emma's set we hopped over to the main stage where UB40 were playing, they were super awesome, and I think we managed to catch all their best songs!

Here we are kissing a Dalek.
And here I am getting shot by one. They are fickle these Daleks.

What We Watched

2012 - This film was so ridiculous, i'm not sure if the makers intended it to be taken this way or not, but actually I loved it! As the world was literally collapsing around them, our main characters seemed to escape each time with no more than a second to spare.
The Other Guys- I've actually forgotten what happened in this film already. But it had Will Ferrell in it, so not a total loss.
Elysium - This was a pretty cool film. It was directed by Neil Blomkamp who also directed District 9 (awesome film!) I loved the performance of Sharlto Copley in this (also the lead character in District 9), I thought his portrayal of a bad/crazy guy was great!
The Dark Night Rises - I'm not going to lie, I find Batman confusing. There's quite a lot of political stuff going on and if you haven't seen the previous films recently it is a bit tricky to know quite what is happening. Having said that it was quite enjoyable. I do think Christian Bale's voice as Batman is ridiculous though, and why does he insist on using it when he is talking to someone who KNOWS THAT HE IS BRUCE WAYNE!?

And of course Dexter and Breaking Bad. I was pretty disappointed with the last episode of Dexter, not to ruin it for any of you that haven't watched it yet, but it left me feeling really dissatisfied. It seems that a lot of popular shows end with something purely for the 'shock factor' rather than anything else. I am hopeful for the last episode of Breaking Bad though, which I will be watching tonight! Excited!

What I Read

Happier at Home by Gretchen Ruben - I read The Happiness Project a little while ago and thought that was great! While this book did seem to cover some of the same subjects again, I still thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it!
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making - I haven't quite finished this one actually, but I am really enjoying it so far. I am quite a fan of fantastical adventures and this certainly falls within that category! It reminds me a bit of Alice in Wonderland. Worth a read.

In Blog Land

My blog was featured in the 'Blogs we love' section of Reloved this month. What a lovely surprise! Thanks to Rebecca from Musings From the Pigeons Nest for spotting this!

My Favourite Posts

3 comments:

  1. I really love the ....fairyland... book. I have the second one as well, which is just as good. Sounds like a rather good month when you catch it all up at the end - I should start doing this to focus on the good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairy Land In A Ship Of Her Own Making. I've heard so many great things about it. Your DIY plant pots are so cute.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature and the six years of being with Chris!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena