Monday 11 February 2013

Healthy Banana Pancakes

Over the last few days Chris and I have been hearing a lot about banana pancakes. That is, pancakes with banana actually in the batter rather than banana with the pancakes.  So we decided to try our own version! The great thing about these pancakes is, they have no flour in them! So Chris can eat them too (he is wheat intolerant) and it is healthier all around! The even better thing about these pancakes is, they taste great!

Ingredients

  • 3 small bananas
  • 4 eggs
  • Ground Flaxseed (optional)
  • Maple Syrup
These couldn't be easier to make. Just mash up your bananas, then in a separate bowl whisk your eggs. Mix them both together and then add any other ingredients you fancy. We decided to put some ground flaxseed in but you might like to try cinnamon, raisins or perhaps some other fruit.

When you are making the batter it feels like you are just making scrambled eggs with banana's in. But once it is cooking they look just like normal pancakes. They really are yummy and I think we will be making these pretty often now!

Laura xXx

17 comments:

  1. I know this post is about pancakes, but I love your earrings! Seriously, cute as a button ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They will be featuring in an outfit post soon!

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of these, so simple! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I like simple things the best!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. now you know! ;) Although I tried them again last night and i think I didn't mash the banana up enough because they weren't quite right :s

      Delete
  4. Sounds awesome! I make something similar with pumpkin (also wheat free).

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited to see a wheat-free pancake recipe - they look absolutely scrumptious! I'll definitely be giving these a try :)

    www.queenieandthedew.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely very handy for people that can't have wheat, but easier all round i think :)

      Delete
  6. Might try these for breakfast on an ordinary day. Love the button earrings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should if you get a chance :)

      Delete
  7. I've seen these mentioned here and there too, they look really good, I'll have to give them a try
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look yummy! I think I'll have to test them out on my dad who is also gluten free :)
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tried these this morning and they were YUMMY!!! Felt quite naughty and filled me up until lunch- Thanks for the idea!
    Liv
    http://live-liv.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena