Monday 25 February 2013

Avocado and Banana Smoothie

avocado smoothie
Todays post is really about two things. First off, an awesomely healthy avocado and banana smoothie (as the title would suggest.) But also my flippin amazing new glasses. Aren't they beautiful? Ok, we'll do the recipe first then I'll talk some more about the glasses.
avocado and banana smoothie
Ingredients
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1 banana
  • 200ml milk (I used hemp milk but any kind will do)
  • 200ml water
  • Agave syrup to taste (or you can use honey)
Simply mash the avocados and banana with a fork. Then pop them into a blender, along with the milk and water, then blend. Give it a taste and add agave syrup or honey to your liking. Pretty simple huh!?
mason jar tumblers

But what did it taste like? You might think avocado and banana a strange mixture, but they actually worked quite well together. A little unusual I must admit, but it was very similar to a banana smoothie. I don't think the recipe is perfect yet, but it is certainly well on its way to being one of my favourites. The texture was good, although perhaps I will try it with a bit more liquid next time. Perhaps we didn't need quite as much as pictured, but it  was definitely a good, healthy start to the day! I'd like to try it with some oats next time, to make it even more substantial. I think avocados are the best, what with them being a superfood and all, so I am generally happy with anything that has avocado in it!

Now, the glasses! Well, actually they are 'Mason Jar Tumblers'. This is quite an american thing I think, and I bought them from an American shop on etsy called Poppy and Pearl. I bought 5 all together and they all came with different coloured straws and little washable chalkboard labels on the front! You can use them with the straws or without the top at all. I absolutely love them!
poppy and pearl mason jar tumblers
Cheers!

Laura xXx


4 comments:

  1. I love those glasses- they're so sweet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy. A shame that I cant eat bananas =/

    Maria xx

    craftyowl93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those look really quite yummy! And those mason jars are super adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...Although these look delicious....Healthy is not what I would call these. A quarter of an avocado (truly 1/8th) is a serving. Mix that with all the other ingredients makes for a decadent dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena