Saturday 2 June 2012

DIY Birdseed Hanging Hearts & a Squirrel Story


When the weather was sunny I decided it was time to make some birdseed treats for the lovely animals that inhabit our garden. The initial recipe came from a post on craftgawker that can be viewed
here. I had to amend it a bit as it is a bit tricky to get hold of corn syrup in England. After many efforts i finally managed a mix that stuck together! I used some buckwheat flour instead of corn syrup and that seemed to do the job!

The ones that weren't so good were left out for the squirrels, and they had a fabulous time! In fact I managed to capture a whole squirrel story on camera.
Squirrell 1 : Yaaay, seeds all for me!
Squirrel 1 : Nom nom nom
Squirrel 2: ATTACK!
Squirrel 1: EEK!
Squirrel 1 : The cheek of it! They were my seeds!

Squirrel 2 : Mwahahaha! The seeds are mine now!
Squirrel 1: I must get those seeds back if its the last thing I do!

Squirrel 1: If I can just sneak up here without him seeing me...

Squirrel 1 : "Nibble nibble"
Squirrel 2 : Oops, I've just remembered I've left the oven on, better go!

Squirrel 1: Hurrah, he's gone! Seeds all for me again!
So it all turned out well in the end. Squirrels are hilarious, we had one stuck in the conservatory the other day, he was having a whale of a time knocking everything over. I wonder if it was one of these two, back for more treats.

Laura xXx

3 comments:

  1. LMAO Wow Squirrel #2 looks scruffy and dirty! xD

    Go Squirrel #1! Go Squirrel #1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I was totally routing for squirrel 1 the whole time too!

      Delete
  2. Wauw! wat a great pictures!....i like this very much! great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena