Friday 24 April 2015

Things To See And Do - Lewes

Lewes Flea Market
This week we went to Lewes for our weekly date!  I used to go to University at Sussex, so it was a bit of a blast from the past, and it was good to explore again.

Lewes is great if you are on the hunt for Antiques, and quirky old stuff! The first place we found was Lewes Flea Market, which is a treasure trove of weird and wonderful things!
lewes flea market sign
antiques at lewes flea market
Next we stopped in on a lovely little shop called Mary's which stocked some really cute items, as well as sweets! I bought some pretty cards here as I felt I couldn't leave with nothing!  
mary's in lewes
I remembered from previous visits that there was a Bill's here, so we decided to head there for lunch! Chris picked a beautiful, if rather effeminate, drink.
pink lemonade at bills in lewes
We both had ham hock and pea terrine with caramelised onions as a starter, which was really nice! Then we had sea bass with potato rosti and tomato and avocado salsa. I ate that too quickly before I remembered to take a photo, but it looked great and was equally delicious! Aside from the food, Bills has such a fun atmosphere,  and I'd really recommend going to one if you haven't been before.
lunch at bills in lewes
display at bills in lewes
We wandered around some more antiques shops located near to Bills, and then decided it was time for a drink in the sunshine!  On our way we found a really awesome shop called Closet and Botts, which had a bit of a rustic feel and had some really interesting bits and bobs!
We found a pub called The Rights of Man which had a roof terrace garden, so we decided to stay a while and enjoy a drink. It felt like summer!
After we had finished our drinks we decided to take a walk near Lewes Castle. We decided not to go in this time but maybe we will on another adventure, it was still a really nice walk seeing it from a distance.
lewes castle
Have you been to Lewes before? What were your favourite things to see and do?

Laura xXx




10 comments:

  1. Love the display of jars and other bits on the wooden shelves, and the turquoise doors! Is there anything that isn't improved by a lick of turquoise paint??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not! In fact, if it is painted turquoise, no matter what it is, I usually want to buy it! haha

      Delete
  2. I went to Lewes a couple of years ago when the boys had a gig there, I loved it. That branch of Bill's is the original one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I didn't realise that was the first Bills! Thats cool to know :)

      Delete
  3. Discovered your blog via pinterest (looking for "cute crochet"... I was born in Lewes, and still live here. I'm glad you enjoyed my little town <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Discovered your blog via pinterest (looking for "cute crochet"... I was born in Lewes, and still live here. I'm glad you enjoyed my little town <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. visit tractorkarvan is best dealing for purchasing Tractors,

    Mahindra Tractor Price List 2022

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great inspiring article. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.
    abogado de lesiones por accidentes de motocicleta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked your post very much, we got to learn something new from your post, thank you.
    van prices in India

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena