Wednesday 7 August 2013

Tri-This - Avocado

AVOCADO RECIPES
I've got a bit of a thing about avocados, I could eat them all the time! Hence why I have chosen them to be the subject for todays Tri-This! Aside from delicious guacamole, (which I made in this post), there are soo many things you can make with Avocados, some even rather unexpected! 
AVOCADO AND HALOUMI SALAD
1. Avocado and Haloumi Salad

This might look simple, but eating avocado's in a salad is as delicious a way as any! And now that I have discovered Haloumi, I'm sure I will be eating lots more too!

Ingredients;
1 Avocado
Haloumi - Pan fried
Tomatoes
Tinned Sweetcorn
Spinach

I don't think I really need to give you instructions how to make this, it's pretty self explanatory!
Avocado and Chocolate Brownie Recipe
2. Avocado and Chocolate Brownies

Ok, so this might sound a bit weird. But I'm sure you are used to me putting avocado in desserts, and if you aren't you can see my last try here. I found the original recipe, which I adapted slightly, here. I'm not going to lie, this isn't the healthiest recipe I have ever done featuring avocados, but it is better for you than a normal brownie, plus it is wheat free and you would never know! These are yummy and I highly recommend you try them!

Ingredients;
1 large avocado (well mashed)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons coffee (not coffee grounds, mixed with water)
1 large egg
1/4 a cup melted butter
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup gluten free flour
2 tablespoons vanilla extract

Essentially just mix it all together well, then put the mixture in an 8in x 8in baking tin. I baked mine in an aga for about 50 minutes, but you can refer to the original recipe if you are unsure.
3. Avocado and Tuna Sandwich

And last but not least, this is one of our all time favourite lunch go-to recipes. It is so simple and healthy too!

Ingredients;
1 Avocado
1/2 tin of tuna
Bread
Tomatoes (optional)
Mayonaise (optional)

Again, I'm sure you don't need much guidance with this one. The key is to mash the avocado before adding the tuna, then mix it all together well. Sometimes I chop up some baby tomatoes and pop them in the mix. And when I'm feeling naughty, and Chris isn't watching, I PUT MAYONNAISE IN IT! Shh, don't tell Chris.

What are your favourite Avocado recipes?  

Laura xXx

2 comments:

  1. Avocados are so delicious! And they're really good for your skin too, which is like a huge bonus. I eat them on so many things: salad, pasta, even on top of mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On top of mashed potatoes, now there's one I haven't tried! Will have to give that a go!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena