Monday 1 July 2013

June Review

In Life

We have now actually signed the contract for our new house! It still doesn't feel real but I am so excited to move in after our holiday at the beginning of July.  I have lots of packing to do!

What We Watched

After Earth - Yup, I enjoyed this. Good work on not adding a crazy random twist M. Night Shyamalan!
Superman - I wasn't a huge fan of this to be honest. There was a bazillion plot holes and it was way too complicated. Kept me entertained for a couple of hours though.
The Thing - I've seen this before but since this is the prequel to the 80's movie we decided to watch them in the correct order! I think they did a really good job of including all the little details from the 80's film.
Hunger Games - I had been wanting to watch this for a while, and it didn't disappoint. It was pretty much what I was expecting, I'm looking forward to the next one coming out.
World War Z - The zombies in this were the craziest I've seen! I always love a good zombie film (or even a bad zombie film!), but this was mostly the first of the two.
A Few Best Men - Not the best film ever made, but it had a few laughs. It had quite a few famous people in it I wasn't expecting, including Olivia Newton John!

We also caught up with Game of Thrones. Man I love this show! Since it finished I have been filling the void by watching Comic Book Girl 19's youtube channel. She has videos which go into depth about the histories about each family, and she really knows her stuff! You can find her channel here.

I am looking forward to reading the books and I think it will probably help to have a little bit more background knowledge coz it sounds flippin' complicated!

What I Read

Born Liars: Why we can't live without Deceit - This was a fascinating read, not my usual sort of thing but really interesting none the less! I must have bought this when it was one of Amazons Daily Deals, because I can't imagine I would have paid full price for it. Basically the book talks about why people lie and how people lie, drawing on studies carried out in the world of psychology, neuroscience and philosophy. Clever stuff!
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - I was hoping this was going to be a really uplifting book, but unfortunately it was actually a little depressing. Great writing no doubt, but it's not going to be one of my favourites I have read this year.

In Blog Land

Thursday the 20th marked the day that crafters joined across the UK for the etsy craft parties. Fortunately two of my blogger friends Rachel from OhNoRachio and Harriet were hosting one in my home town of Southampton.  We had such a fab day, you can see my post about the day here.

Google reader said goodbye! Don't forget, you can follow my blog on Bloglovin' here.

My Favourite Posts

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on signing your house, that's so exciting! I overheard you at the Craft Party and I work in the business park at Whitely so pretty close! I read The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry this month too and completely agree with you - there were some lovely quotes throughout the book and the writing was fantastic but the ending was very sad! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Where do you work? We'll have to meet up for a cuppa one lunch time once I am moved in! x

      Delete
    2. Yes please!! :) I work at Serenity Holidays which is just in the Solent business park (the end closest to the new shops ;))! xxx

      Delete
  2. I really didn't like Superman either, glad I'm not the only one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely successful month. This month has been the first of my blog and I've really been enjoying reading and being inspired by yours. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Looks like you have been super busy on your blog in its first month!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena