Tuesday 18 June 2013

Healthy Pina Colada Ice lollies

PINA COLADA ICE LOLLY
I've got a bit of an obsession with pineapple and coconut at the moment, and I have been making delicious ice lollies with the simplest recipe.

Ingredients;
1 tin sliced pineapple in juice - 425g
1 sachet of coconut milk - 200ml

Simply pop it all in a blender then pour into icelolly moulds. I have been drinking any leftovers as a yummy pina colada flavoured smoothie just by adding a little water. Simple huh!? And healthy too!

I also tried a little experiment. I wanted to see which was better, tinned pineapple and packet coconut milk, or fresh pineapple and coconut. The fresh version turned out to be a bit of a disaster. Looks harmless enough right...
PINA COLADA ICE POP
Well, it was pretty inedible. For starters it was nearly impossible to get the coconut open. Once I did, I realised there wasn't a lot of water in the coconut, so I decided I would try to blend in some of the coconut flesh. Big mistake! Perhaps if you had a super duper blender this would work better, but I was left with lots of little chunks of coconut, which was not a nice texture. Especially in the drink version, not good!

Packet coconut wins hands down, although I am tempted to try packet coconut with fresh pineapple, that could be a winning combination!

Have you got your ice lolly recipes out yet?

Laura xXx

7 comments:

  1. That actually sounds pretty delicious, but yeah there's not much coconut water in a coconut and they take FOREVER to crack open!

    I might give this a go next week - if the weather stays nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yes please! That's just what I need right now so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is insanely clever. I think you have just guaranteed me a lovely weekend activity :-) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, sounds like a perfect combo, now we just need a bit more sunshine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started following your blog. Have been reading through your posts and I love your style. In particular can't wait to try out these Pine Colada ice lollies!
    Give my blog a visit if you have time. I look forward to reading more of your posts!!
    Ellie xxx
    www.welliescrochetandcows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena