Friday 22 March 2013

How to Make Your Own Fruit Crisps

DIY Fruit crisps
I've always wanted to try making my own fruit crisps, so while I'm on my week off I decided it would be a perfect activity. We are lucky enough to be living in a house with an Aga at the moment so I thought I would take full advantage. The coolest area in the Aga is perfect for drying fruit. 

I decided to start easy with just apples and Bananas. I chopped them up, cored the apples and spread them on one of those reuseable baking sheets. 
apple and banana crisps
I left them in for nearly 7 hours in total. When I took them out I was a bit worried I had left them too long, but actually I think they were just right. I'm excited to try some other fruits now. Mango, pineapple and papaya are all on my list!
diy dried fruit crisps

Laura xXx

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm, yummy! I bet your place smelled amazing too!
    ♥Emma Deer

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 hours?! That's insane! I'm curious to try this tho...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it was in the very coolest area of the Aga though, I'm not sure how it would work out in an oven as I don't know if you could get it cool enough. Give it a go if you can though, there's not much to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. to save time any energy dry them on once finished using oven after cooking-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena