Friday 30 November 2012

DIY Gift Ideas - Limoncello

Second in my DIY Gift Ideas series is homemade limoncello! Yes I spelt it wrong below, but surely it should be spelt that way, its not made from limon's after all is it!? 
Homemade drinkshomemade limoncello
chalkboard paint
chalkboard paint bottles
Supplies
 • 5 lemons
• 1 Litre of 37.5 abv vodka
• 430g sugar
• A Kilner Jar
• Small glass bottles

Directions
Make sure the jar is sterilized then pour in the vodka, followed by the sugar. Grate the lemons and pour them in too. Give it all a stir then seal up the jar. Store it in a dark place for a few weeks and give it a shake every day to help the sugar dissolve.  Decant into smaller sterilized bottles and you are done!

I used recycled miniature wine bottles for mine. I prettied them up by painting a rectangle of chalkboard paint on the front and tying a little handmade label to the neck of the bottle.

I gave these bottles to my 3 best friends last year, and there was still lots left over for me to drink on New Years Eve! I'm not much of a shot driker usually, but these made delicious shots! A bit like eating a big lemon and sugar pancake without the pancake, and with a ton of vodka instead!

Laura xXx

3 comments:

  1. This means I could basically GET DRUNK ON PANCAKES. I cannot tell you how long that has been my dream... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so glad I can help fulfill your dream! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Phục vụ cho nhu cầu vận chuyển hàng hóa bắc nam bằng đường sắt ngày càng lớn, dịch vụ vận chuyển ô tô bằng đường sắt và vận tải, gửi hàng hóa gửi xe máy bắc nam bằng tàu hỏa bằng đường sắt cũng đã xây dựng nên những qui trình, dịch vụ vận chuyển container lạnh bắc nam chuyên nghiệp và có hệ thống. Đảm bảo mang đến chất lượng tốt nhất cho khách hàng sử dụng dịch vụ.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena