Monday 5 November 2012

DIY - Aztec Buttons

After getting rather excited making my Aztec Rings a couple of weeks ago, I was pretty eager to find something else I could paint with nail varnish. And by gum I think I've found the very thing!
aztec button

I mentioned in that post that I had bought a large quantity of buttons from the dump. A large selection of which are white, and the perfect base for another nail varnish project!
aztec buttons
 You will need;

  • White buttons - preferably flat
  • Nail varnishes in your favourite colours
  • A black nail art pen

Like the Aztec Rings, these were super easy to do, and I got a little bit addicted to drawing the pattern! Simply paint your white button with your preferred nail varnish colour. If you like you can paint stripes of colours to create a rainbow effect, or you can take the easy route and leave it white! (below - top left)


aztec buttons

Your next job is to take your nail art pen and draw lines across the button, they don't have to be even. Wait until they have dried then you can get started on the really fun bit, drawing the designs! I started off with a few obvious Aztec patterns, then developed more as I was going.
upcycled aztec buttons
I love how they came out! Now I just need to figure out what to put them on! No doubt I will be posting that at a later date.

Laura xXx

14 comments:

  1. These are fab!! I love the pattern, they look like something you'd find in the shops, but for outrageous prices! :) Also, don't know why I wasn't following your blog before! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was quite pleased with how well they turned out myself.

      Delete
  2. these look amazing!! absolutely love them, such a good diy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cool! I would put them on a plain cardi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, I might have one hiding somewhere that I can use already. I originally read your comment as 'plain card' which actually is quite a good idea too. Might make a nice bithday card plus the recipient can use the buttons after!

      Delete
  5. wow what a great idea love these
    http://joannavictoria-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! They are so cool! You should definitely paint your nails matching when you wear them on clothes ;)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cuteeee. i did this pattern on my ring this is how it turned out
    http://deliciousanddiy.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/diy-aztec-tribal-ring/

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your blogs are very interesting and contain useful information. Keep sharing such posts.
    Bajaj Maxima Z

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena