Saturday 25 August 2012

Health Kick - Raw Tomato and Watermelon Gazpacho Soup

The other day I tried out a lovely raw recipe from 'Raw Food Real World: 100 Recipes to get the glow'.  I have to admit, although the recipes in this book look absolutely delicious, most of them require a lot of ingredients, many of which are difficult to track down. However, this was one of the ones that looked super easy and I decided to give it a go!
Raw Tomato and Watermelon Gazpacho Soup
Gazpacho soup recipe
Just looking at the ingredients for this makes me feel healthy!  
Gazpacho Ingredients
Ingredients
3 cups watermelon seeded and pureed in a blender
1 cup seeded watermelon, diced small
1 cup seeded tomato, diced small (about 2 medium tomatoes)
1 cup peeled, seeded cucumber, diced. (about half a cucumber)
Half a cup red pepper, diced small.
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 small handful coriander leaves
1 teaspoon minced ginger
Half a small jalapeno (I cheated and used a few of the preserved jalapeno slices you get in jars)
1 spring onion, white and 1 inch of green minced
1 tablespoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Obviously as the recipe is 'raw' it means I saved a lot of time by not cooking the food, however, there was a lot of dicing and blending to be done, so it took quite a while.
Tomato and Watermelon soup
I mixed it all together, added the blended watermelon, then chilled it for a bit.

It was rather yummy! I know that watermelon in this recipe sounds rather strange, but actually it worked really well. I did find it quite filling though, and the flavors are powerful, so I would suggest only having a small amount as a starter, or a light lunch. Chris managed to polish off the bowl pretty quickly though, so maybe that was just me.

Have you tried out any super healthy recipes lately? Please do share! You can join in the discussion on twitter using the hashtag #Healthkik

Laura xXx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena