Thursday 7 April 2016

Where have I been???

Hey chaps, long time no see! 

Where have I been the last year you ask?  Well, I have been in blog-writing hibernation.  To be honest with you, I wasn't really finding it all that fun, and it was beginning to become a bit of a chore to write, so I decided to take a break for a while. 

Whilst in hibernation Chris and I have been having many fun adventures with our friends, and my interests and hobbies have changed quite a lot.  Basically, before my hibernation I was all about the crafting, and now I have emerged from my chrysalis a fully fledged geek! Yes, I'm not sure what has come over me, but in the last year or so I have started; reading comics, playing board games, and even playing dungeons and dragons! I have been having SO MUCH FUN guys!

So heres a quick run down of what I've been up to, not in any order whatsoever.....

Having a blast at Star Wars Secret Cinema...

Being Batwoman (from DC's Bombshells comic) at MCM Comic-Con London.


Reading lots of comics and graphic novels. Saga was one of my first and I have absolutely loved it!!

Celebrating Chris's Birthday with a robot party.  He went as Awesom-O from South Park, so I made him a cake to match...

I dyed my hair pink for a bit ...

I spent Halloween at Dunster Castle with these crazy people ...
We totally got into it. Also we spent the rest of the weekend playing board games and Dungeons and Dragons! This is the rest of my board gaming team if you hadn't guessed :)

I spent my Birthday with some of my favourite people, playing a specially crafted role playing game, I dubbed it 'Asteroids and Aliens'.

I threw an 80's themed party for Clic Sargent and we raised over £3500! I'm so pleased with how the event went, and I even managed to get an awesome Photo Booth company to get involved! (I was supposed to be Kate Bush)

I went to Canada for Christmas to visit family.  Played an awesome Escape Maze where we got to dress up afterwards, went to Medieval Times to watch my cousin perform, and crafted a Unicorn out of a sock...


So there you go!  I may have a think about writing some blog posts about some of my new interests/hobbies, so let me know if you'd like to know more about anything I have mentioned. Also, if you're a fan of board games or comics let me know some of your favourites!

Laura xXx


8 comments:

  1. Oh my god!!! WELCOME BACK!!! Without getting all "we're totally life twins" so much of this is the same as my recent discovery that I am also all about the geekiness (boardgames club, exit games, and role playing days are go!) I've never had so much fun before either :) Some of my favourite boardgames are Codenames, Spyfall and Space Cadets: Dice Duel (very silly and lots of shouting. Always a winner :p) Can't wait to hear more about your new adventures! xxx P.S. Your pink hair looks/ed amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Ooh, I've never heard of those games! I'll have to check them out. Some of our favourites are Munchkin, Dead of Winter and Fungus! The pink hair did not last long sadly :( but it was fun while it lasted!

      Delete
  2. I had a blogging hibernation for a long time as well...sometimes you just need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these are simply fantastic photos. I am sure you had a great time in all these events. I love spending time with my friends and family. Recently, have been making plans to visit NYC for a week and looking for awesome venue NYC for parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post it is amazing with good content.
    Powertrac Tractor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!

    Useful blog. thank you for sharing to us.

    swaraj 963 price

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is a very interesting article I think it is a good article and can be used in everyday life.
    debt lawyers near me

    ReplyDelete
  7. The great thing about this post is quality information. I always like to read amazingly useful and quality content. Divorce Lawyers Arlington VA and keep sharing .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena